Saturday 11 August 2012

simply stampin' challenge 72

Good morning folks! 

Well, I'm back in Wisconsin until Thursday when we fly home. Not looking forward to going home at all!! :( 

This week's Simply Stampin' Challenge is a theme...

Let's Hear It For The Boys!

Well the men in our lives need a bit of love as well don't they!?! So time to crack out your masculine stamps and get creating! Here's my creation...


Suit Up

Stamp Set: For My Family
Ink: Basic Black
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Basic Grey
DSP: Everyday Elegance (SAB - no longer available - any DSP would work) 

This was one of the cards from my May card club which was all masculine cards seeing as Father's Day was in June it seemed like a good time but I hadn't got around to uploading it onto my blog yet. Seeing as I've had loads to do trying to get all my challenges sorted for while I'm away I didn't think that the other Simply Stampin' girls would mind if it was made a while ago.

I made up the template myself and drew and cut out a tie. It was just a case of stamping the sentiment and then filling in the rest of the rectangle with a dashed line, assembling the suit elements and there you have it. A clean and simple man card. I think men suit CAS, don't you?!

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x


6 comments:

  1. Oooooh this is super clever! Really love the dimension and perspective. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shirt and different to the origami shirt I have seen before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your card! It will be father's day here in September so I will have to CASE it!

    The black border really sets it off. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Amanda, really clever! Great idea for a man's card!

    Hope you had a fab holiday! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Such a great guy card!! Love the suit and tie!

    ReplyDelete