Monday 23 June 2014

Floral Quatrafancy

Hello!!

Its been a while hasn't it!! Did you miss me?! Life has been totally manic around here lately and I'm afraid doing much of anything in my craft room or on the blog has had to take a bit of a back seat. 

Today was my first day on the new permanent job as a Learning Mentor. Its quite different to working in the manic Student Services and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. I just want to get properly stuck in to the job now and its a bit frustrating as I don't have any students to see as my group of kids don't start school until September. 

Anyway, I've also been super busy finishing off a million and one wedding things for a client - 90 favour boxes with bows, tags, menu cards, table plan, table numbers, orders of service....as you can imagine, I've been very busy! 

Now that the wedding is over I'm hoping to have a quieter few weeks where I can get creating beautiful things for you. I have a bunch of new goodies from preorder that I haven't even touched yet!! Scandalous I know!!


Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
DSP: Quatrafancy, Gingham Garden
Punch: Bird Builder, Pansy, Blossom
Embellishments: Brights Buttons, In-Color Buttons, Brights Candy Dots
Other: White Gel Pen

I totally love these bright happy flowers. The patterned papers are beautiful and I will really miss both the Quatrafancy and Gingham Garden papers when they retire next week! 

Buttons and candy dots are the finishing touches this card needs. I also added some cute doodles too! 


I layered up lots of the flowers for a really full effect - love it! I used the wing from the bird punch to make some large leaves. I also decided I wanted a little more body and texture so added some curly twirly sprigs too! 



For a smaller little flower in the centre of the pansy flower I cut the petals apart and layered four of them on top to make a smaller flower. The button just covers up the joins in the centre.

Right, I am off to have a run. I'm back to trying to get through the couch to 5k challenge. I feel like I've been lazy of late and really need to get into some exercise again. 

Catch you again tomorrow,

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment