Saturday 26 January 2013

Get your Geek on!

I have a super geeky card for you today. My husband has been mentoring a trainee teacher at school and her placement finished at the school on Friday. He asked if I could make a card for everyone to sign for her. 

I asked Stuart what Erin liked - kind of hoping flowers or butterflies or something easy and girly would be on the cards. He took that as his cue to come with with some geeky idea for me. I grumbled a bit to begin with, saying it was going to be so boring but actually its turned out really well and pretty cute! 


Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise
Punch: Owl Builder, 1" Circle
Extras: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack

These are atoms! Er is Erbium and In is Indium. The rings that each electron travels around were made using the circles paper piercer template - it gives the shape while being subtle enough to look clean and neat which really helps the electrons to stand out. I jazzed it up but making a rainbow pattern  with the electrons! It was fiddly but I think it looks pretty great! Now who said science was boring!?

Happy Stampin', 

Amanda xo

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous that you completely custom created this for her! I love the rainbow colors and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete