Wednesday 23 January 2013

Pappillon Potpourri!!

Afternoon! 

So, now you've had a day to look at the Sale-A-Bration goodies, how are you liking them? They're fabulous aren't they?! And if you haven't seen them yet, what are you waiting for?! Grab a cuppa, sit down, put your feet up and relax for a few minutes and have a good browse!! 

So to get your day started I've got a cute card I demo'd for a bunch of lovely ladies back in October! Man it was that long ago?! 


Stamp Set: Papillon Potpourri, Fabulous Phrases, Alehambra wheel
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight, Primrose Petals
Cardstock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals
DSP: International Bazaar
Punch: Decorative Label, Elegant Butterfly
Extras: Essentials Pierce Pack
Embellishments: Dahlias

So, this is a bit more of a complex card as I really wanted to show off lots of the awesome new things in the annual catty but a simplified version of this card would be equally effective. I think the two things that I love about and really make this card stand out to me is the paper piercing (a very cost effective way of adding detail to a card) and the different uses of the decorative label punch! I adore that punch and definitely recommend it to anyone that is starting out and looking for one or two punches to get them going!! 

So, how about a simplified version of this card - 


Decorative Label Punch (£15.50)
Essentials Pierce Pack (£7.25)
DSP (£9.95)
Coloured Cardstock (£6.25)
Rhinestones (£4.50) 
Dimensionals (£3.25)
= £46.70 and get the Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set for free! 
It's got both images and sentiments in it so is the perfect SAB set for someone getting started on card making! If you don't have any ink you might want to think about adding an ink pad (£4.95) to this bundle instead of the rhinestones! 


The DSP used here was the Birds of a Feather which is very light, pretty and cutesy style!

I hope you enjoyed this card and the simplified SAB bundle version! 

Catch you again tomorrow! 

Amanda x


2 comments:

  1. Both are very pretty, but with my CAS habits, I think I like the simpler one better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I agree, looking back at it, there's just too much going on there! Liking this "step down" version. x

      Delete