Thursday 30 January 2014

Petals MM330

Hello! 

I'm trying another challenge today. I've followed and admired the creations on the Mojo Monday blog for quite a while but never got the courage up to enter something of my own. They have lovely sketch challenges, this is this week's...



What a great challenge to make a tall and skinny - so often its tempting to just make a standard sized card so to have the challenge to make a different size is fun! 



Stamp Set: Petal Parade (SAB), Express Yourself
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party
DSP: Sweet Sorbet (SAB)
Punch: Fancy Flower, 2 1/2" Circle
Big Shot: Circles Framelits
Embellishments: Sweet Sorbet Accessories (SAB)

I reversed a couple elements on this card to fit in with my incredibly narrow card. I've got to say I didn't really know where I was going with this card. It was one of those cards I just fiddled with until it looked right.

I've used a whole host of Sale-A-Bration products here - the DSP, Petal Prade stamp set and the accessory pack! 


I am totally LOVING the cork embellishments in the Sweet Sorbet accessory pack - love the mixture of flowers, diamonds, scallops! Also in the pack is three twines. This Summer Starfruit twine is three pieces knotted together and then I unravelled them so they'd spread out more. 

For the flower, it was punched and then I used the bonefolder to break down the fibres of the card until it separated - its softer, creates more layers and created a beautiful suede effect. The leaves are just folded and cut tear drop shapes, then sponged a little. 

Hope you enjoyed this creation. Do you ever make tall and skinny cards?

Happy Stampin',

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and I love how you used the cork pieces. I'm still playing around with them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've found them harder to use than I thought actually. Maybe I'm being a bit too picky about where I use them. Hopefully more to come using them soon! x

      Delete