Friday 21 February 2014

Kaleidoscope Guy FMS124

Hi!

I'm back today with a Freshly Made Sketch. I actually struggled with this sketch for quite a while - sometimes when you've got too much choice its difficult just going of something with confidence!




Stamp Set: Hello Lovely, Happy Day
Ink: Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Versamark
Cardstock: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
DSP: Kaleidoscope
Embellishments: Brights Candy Dots
Other: White Embossing Powder, White Gel Pen, Zig Zag Paper Trimmer Blade

I'm actually really liking this card....now. It took quite a while - I must've repositioned those striped pieces of DSP about 10 times! I got them in the wrong order so the stripes didn't line up - they were pretty well stuck down  so removing them was not an easy task. Eventually they got there though. I purposely chose a paper that looked so fun and dramatic but also really quite scary to use - its very in your face! The white lines around the edge is a great way of making a faux layer and is such a simple way of just adding a little something to the card! 


I debated about what to add on top of this background - I knew I wanted a strong pop of colour. I finally pulled out a stamp set I got at convention and just haven't played around with much. I also decided to keep the sentiment monochrome so it would blend with the background and not distract from the colourful elements. The candy dots seemed to finish it off nicely adding little dots of colour around the card to balance it. 

I'm super happy with the end result - it would make a very funky masculine card! I always need those!!

Hope you enjoyed this. Do you play along in challenges? If so, which? 

Happy Stampin',

2 comments:

  1. I love this! The little pops of color look fabulous against the dramatic black and white! And I'm super impressed with how you got the stripes to line up. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job with this, Amanda! That striped paper is so bold and graphic…perfect for this fun card! The little arrows are a great touch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete