Wednesday 19 February 2014

Sketched Watercolor

Hiya!

How is your week going? Mine is so, so. Not getting as much accomplished as I'd hoped for, oh well. Some weeks are just like that thought, right? 

Jobs are slowly getting done around here though... I did get my sewing machine into the shop. Its still under warranty so hopefully that means it'll be a free service which I'm hoping that will sort the problems I'm having, if not, my sewing machine guy should be able to work it out. Going to take around 2 weeks though! Boo! :(

One thing I am very excited about is a return of the Great British Sewing Bee!! Anyone else on my side of the pond watching it? Got a favourite yet? I'm undecided although I think Heather seems quite sweet! 


Stamp Set: Simply Sketched
Ink: Black Stazon, Island Indigo, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Soft Sky, Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, Watercolor Paper
Big Shot: Woodgrain TIEF
Embellishments: Naturals Buttons, Linen Thread

This little stamp sets is a hostess set available in the current Annual Catalogue. Its so cute and perfect for a spot of watercoloring! Here I stamped the little bird stamp and then made a mask out of some printer paper and a bit of temporary adhesive. with the mask in place I then stamped all the leaves and berries around it, transforming a sweet little stamp into a pretty little scene. 

I used the super handy aqua painters which have a well that holds water - totally love them! 


I decided to do a bit of a torn edge - its a bit different and rustic which seems to match in with the card well. The background is woodgrain embossed pattern just for a bit of interest. 

I decided that something else was missing so after a bit of contemplation I added some linen thread and a gorgeous little naturals button which seemed to finish it off perfectly!

Thanks for stopping by,

Happy Stampin',

1 comment: