Sunday 24 March 2019

Lighthearted Leaves

Hey!

I had so many ideas this week for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge. 

I decided I wanted to make it really clean and simple again, just like last week's. Hmm, I'm feeling that there's a bit of a theme going on with my card designs at the moment - clean and simple is certainly my current aesthetic of choice. 

I originally thought I'd just cut or punch 9 scraps of pattern paper to form the 9 patch. Then I got to browsing my stamp collection and found the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set. Its retired now but I got to thinking how pretty the leaves were and how springlike they were in design too so then I decided that I just had to use that stamp set. 


Stamp Set: Lighthearted Leaves
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Mint Macaron, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party
Cardstock: Whisper White


I used the smallest leaf and then rotated it to create a more natural, less structured look. I stamped the leaves in a variety of springlike colours directly onto the cardbase. I'd intended on cutting out the floral motif in the centre of the leaf to add a bit more detail to the card however in the end decided I really enjoyed the one layer simplicity of it and kept it as it was. 
This card literally took a few minutes to put together and couldn't have been easier.  

I'll leave you with a photo of a sleepy bunny to end this Sunday post...


Have a great week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment