Monday 28 February 2011

stampin' around

Ok, so I still don't think I'm having a very creative day, I toyed with the idea of starting making some swaps for regional training in a couple weeks time, and also making some little thank you cards to give to my lovely customers from my two recent workshops, but on both occasions I decided to wait because I've ordered some goodies and I can't wait to try them out so I'm holding my horses for the moment! I've got a few ideas floating around in my head, now I just have to wait 'till my stuff arrives! I am really excited! 


So for the mean time I am keeping myself busy with getting to know my wheels a bit better (Mainly due to the success of my card I made for Pap using the Watercolor Vine earlier). I've tried the wheels briefly before but never really got on with them particularly well. Perhaps it was because I was using Stampin' Up inks or my technique has changed slightly but I seem to be connecting a lot better with them and really enjoying using them now! I think previously I was maybe pressing too hard which was sending me crooked and also slightly distorting the design! Both of the following cards are very similar, same layout just different wheel cartridge and accessory.



Thanks

Stamp Set: Leaves a la Carte
Ink: Old Olive
Cardstock: Kraft, Rich Razzleberry Textured & Smooth
Accessories: Old Olive Button
Extras: Linen Thread, White Gel Pen, Glue Dot, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper


Thanks

Stamp Set: It's Beautiful
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Kraft, Rich Razzleberry Textured & Smooth, Very Vanilla 
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
Extras: White Gel Pen, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

As I said they're both very similar. I rolled out the wheel and then adhered a thin strip of Rich Razzleberry textured cardstock. I rounded the top two corners and then the top two corners of a small rectangle of smooth Rich Razzleberry that I adhered to the bottom right hand corner and wrote Thanks on it. To the first i added a button and some linen thread, the second I rolled the wheel out on sone Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out one of the flowers, I finished it off with a rhinestone in the centre for a little sparkle!


Coco

Stamp Set: Every Little Bit
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Marina Mist
Cardstock: Kraft, Pacific Point Textured and DSP
Extras: 1" Circle Punch, Blender Pen, Dimentionals, Scallop Edge Punch

This is just a little card I was working on last week but finished off today. Its a bit messy, but I was just trying to use up little scraps of cardstock and DSP that I had left over! Its similar to the Girls, Girls, Girls and Pie cards I posted last week! 

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them and they really make my day! 


'til next time, 


Amanda  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment