Saturday 26 March 2011

workshops, classes and clubs

Tonight was my workshop, it went really well, although as always when I demonstrate my clear stamps decided they didn't want to work for me and kept falling off the clear block! I had little love hearts dotted all the way down my card, but I don't think anyone minded too much! You have to just laugh it off don't you?! Besides from that, I had a great time and I hope they all enjoyed it too! I really am enjoying doing the workshops, its a lot less scary than I thought it would be and it is such a joy to share my passion with others! Also its great to get to know new people and see a whole different side of people that I already know too!


Workshops: So far I have one workshop scheduled at my house in April. This workshop is on Friday April 15th at 7:30pm. Please do get in touch if you would like more details about it or would like to host your own workshop! I would love to come and show you and your friends the gorgeous products Stampin' Up! has to offer and show you all how easy it is to create really beautiful designs! I have 2 workshops that others are hosting next month too which I am VERY excited about! I am delighted to be showing heat embossing, stampin' pastels, blender pens, two step stamping with a stamp-a-ma-jig and more! If you would like to see these techniques too, come along to my April workshop or book your own! I'd love to show you too! 
I know it is a little busy next month with Easter and the Royal Wedding but I hope you will find time to relax and do something creative! 


Classes/Clubs: Secondly, I am really excited to tell you that I am intending on starting up some sort of a class/club really soon! It is only in the initial thought process and planning stage at the moment but I hope to hold my first one in the near future! 
I am intending on holding them once a month in my home and while there will be no commitment to attend every month, places will be limited and therefore if you would like to come you will need to book your place! 
Each class will involve making several projects, including a 3d item. For this, there will be a fee (price is still to be decided - probably somewhere around the £10 mark) to cover the cost of materials used. As a class differs from a workshop each guest will get to make all the projects I demonstrate instead of the usual one simple 'make and take' typically done in a workshop.
It is a great way to relax and unwind and get to "play" with more of Stampin' Up!'s products before purchasing anything and also learning how to get the most out of the products you already have! Plus, I will be on hand to help if you have any questions, which is always good if you're trying out a new technique! 
If this interests you, please get in touch as I cannot begin holding classes until I have sufficient interest! I have about 4 people who have shown an interest so far but I need more! Please do get in touch, email me at amanda_burditt@hotmail.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from you soon! 


I'm sure everyone is glad it is the weekend, I certainly am! Its been a very busy week and I'm looking forward to some cleaning, tidying and hanging out in the garden enjoying the gorgeous spring weather with my husband tomorrow. We might even go out on a little adventure...how exciting hey? Can't wait! I hope you are all going to enjoy equally pleasant weekends! 


'till next time,


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment