Saturday 18 February 2012

simply stampin' challenge week 47

This week it is another colour challenge over on the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog. I've been looking forward to this one - its time to flaunt your girly side and get down with the pinks and purples. Here we go...




These colours match some of the papers in Stampin' Up!'s Flirtatious DSP so I thought it was time to whack it out and get cracking! If you don't have all the colours listed, no worries, just use the closest ones that you do have!



Doilies and Butterflies

Stamp Set: Teen Tiny Wishes
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo
Cardstock: Whisper White
DSP: Flirtatious
Big Shot: Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Top Note
Accessories: Pearls
Extras: Colour Spritzer, Sponges

So I wanted to try something different and I had the idea that I wanted to use the top note negative as a mask so that I could sponge the top note shape onto the card. I then sponged the masked area with Pretty in Pink ink. Next I tacked down one of the doilies from the die cut sheet in the Flirtatious paper and using the Colour Spritzer and my Melon Mambo marker I spritzed it well to give the doily outline! I was planning on using the correct side of the Mambo doily next to the spritzed one but it was a bit too dominant - then I had an idea - to cut out the centre of the doily and use what remained as a frame! Inside I stamped the sentiment and then used the butterflies embosslit to cut some cute little butterflies from the Flirtatious DSP. I added some pearls to finish it off.
I thought it would be a shame not to use the centre of the doily so I used it to decorate the inside of the card and added a couple more butterflies!

Wow long explanation today - sorry about that! So what do you think? I hope you liked it! Please leave me a comment and then head on over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog to see the rest of the design team entries and then enter yourself! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your idea of the masking technique, and its worked out really well!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm really please with it! Really don't want to give it away now! haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Fab technique Amanda, it has turned out really well! I think I need the Colour Spritzer :-) Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah I had been eying up the spritzer for ages and finally just decided to treat myself! Now I can't get enough of it! Love it! x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the sponged top note with the spritzing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Amanda - LOVE the masked sponging and what you did with that doily paper - inspired! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete