Saturday 5 April 2014

Hello, Baby & Twist on Scattered Embossing Technique

 Hi!

Its Saturday! Doing anything exciting this weekend? Ours is chilled - just what we both need. I've got a card a friend asked me to make for her new baby cousin. I had list of elements/things that she loved and wanted included in the card which was a challenge but it turned out well in the end. 


Cardstock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Vellum
Punch: Small Heart, Owl Builder
Embellishments: Subtles Candy Dots, Subtles Buttons, Tea Lace Paper Doily, Calypso Coral Baker's Twine
Other: Chalk Marker, scallop trimmer

I found a new spin on the scattered frosted embossing technique. Instead of using an embossing folder I found a way to use it with a punch! I punched and layered 3 negatives of window sheet together with some glue dots. Then it was just a case of positioning the vellum over the negative punch and use the embossing stylus to emboss the little hearts. Embossed images with a larger area don't work out so well as the centres don't turn white. I rectified this by colouring in the back side with the chalk marker.

I love the subtle little detail the scallop trimmer blade gives to the thin layer of calypso coral.  It just adds a little pop and lift to a rather cool and subtle card. 


Ally really wanted the baby's name on the card so I decided to print it off as I just didn't have a suitable alphabet. I just love the scattered buttons and candy dot - they seem to work really well and tie the sentiment and card together perfectly! 

The small piece of doily and baker's twine just add an extra little girly finishing touch. 

So pleased with how well this has turned out! Allyson loved it too which was the main thing.

Have a great Saturday! Catch you again tomorrow for a Simple Sunday!

Happy Stampin',

2 comments: