Wednesday 9 April 2014

Watercolor Poppies

 Hey! 

So I don't know what happened to yesterday....I met up with an old school friend I haven't seen in several years, it was meant to be a coffee which turned into a full day of shopping and a turkish restaurant for lunch. It was lovely but I was shattered and had sewing to crack on with when I arrived home. 

So today I thought I'd share a pretty and simple card that I made a little while ago. 


Stamp Set: Happy Watercolor
Ink: Versa Mark, Calypso Coral
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
Big Shot: Beautifully Baroque TIEF
Embellishments: Baker's Twine
Other: White Embossing Powder

The embossed is the simple background for the main focal point of the card. This is just a little bit of white heat embossing of the flowers which I then coloured in with a blender pen and some calypso coral ink for a watercolour effect. 


There's something quite aesthetically pleasing about allowing images to run off the edge of the card. I keeps the eye moving and to me, it looks as if it were a small snapshot of a garden just bursting with flowers! Do you enjoy letting your images run off the edge? 

This doesn't need pearls or anything fancy. Baker's twine and a simple little sentiment are the perfect finishing touches for this card.  

Have a great day!

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment