Tuesday 3 May 2011

in-love with in-colour...concord crush

This post is a little late, I made the card using the Sketchy Sunday sketch challenge, last week and then I just didnt quite get time to post it...so here it is. Better late than never hey?  




Concord Crush Rosette

Stamp Set: Greenhouse Garden
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery Always Artichoke
DSP: Concord Crush (6"x6" Hostess only pack)
Ink: Concord Crush
Accessories: Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon
Punches: Two Step Bird
Extras: White Gel Pen, Big Shot, Lots of Tags Sizzlets

This card really came out as I had recently got the hostess only pack of 6x6 in-colour dsp and having not really had a chance to play with those colours yet thought I'd just set myself a few cards to make...I have a few more that I'll show next month as part of the Simply Stampin' Challenge! Can't wait! I thought I'd use the Sketchy Sunday sketch as a starting point for my card. I love the vast expanse of Concord Crush dsp, it just allows the eye to really drink in gorgeous deep colour. As a focal point I cut out rough circles from Concord Crush dsp and Riding Hood Red cardstock, distressed and then layered them up. For the centre of the flower I stamped the smallest flower from Greenhouse Garden. I used two of the bird wings from the two step bird punch for the leaves. Finally I added some ribbon and a tag from the big shot to fill it out a bit and create a balance between the expanse of colour and detail. 

I hope you enjoyed this card, please do let me know what you think, I love reading people's comments! 

Have a nice day!

Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! It shiws the patterned paper up really well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is STUNNING! I am in love with the color combo you chose! Thank you for playing!

    ReplyDelete