Saturday 7 May 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 6

It's Saturday again and time for another Simply Stampin' Challenge. As last week was a colour challenge it means that this week is a theme!!! 
 
This week's theme is Buttons & Bows

I decided not to do a card, I do one almost every week and while Buttons and Bows would lend itself excellently to a really great card I thought I'd do something different. In the wake of the Royal wedding, I have begun to think about my own upcoming weddings I'm attending. My friends Kathryn and Robert get wed next Saturday and my cousin Rachel marries Ed in just under a month. So as I was looking through my wardrobe at my "wedding" clothes I pulled out a lovely dress I acquired last year, and thought perfect, all I need is some accessories. With that in mind I thought I'd make a hair clip to match using buttons and bows. Here it is...




Stamp Set: n/a
Cardstock: n/a
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pacific Point
Accessories: Satin Ribbon, Grosgrain Ribbon, Brights Buttons, Linen Thread
Extras: Sponge, Needle, SNAIL

My dress is very bright and colourful! Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Early Espresso...I only had white ribbon and as the dress was so brightly coloured I knew I needed a hair accessory as colourful to match! I did my usual trick of dying ribbon myself. I looped the ribbon and used SNAIL to hold the loops in place while i stitched them together with some linen thread. Finally I sewed on a Rich Razzleberry and a Pumpkin Pie Button on top of all the ribbon bows. I finished off the linen thread by tying it in a little bow on top of the buttons! 
To the back I attached a hair slide from a pharmacy.

I hope you enjoyed what I made this week! I look forward to seeing what you all create! So head on over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog to enter and also see what the other design team members have created for you this week! 

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment