Saturday 14 May 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 7

Week 7 at Simply Stampin', and we are back to a sketch once again!  When I saw this week's sketch I thought it might be difficult, and it was. To be honest my first attempt was a COMPLETE disaster! It was beyond repair. So I ditched it and started again. I think I've played it very safe this week but I hope you like what I came up with! 



A Happy Hello

Stamp Set: I {Heart} Hearts
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, So Saffron
DSP: Certainly Celery, Rose Red
Ink: Versa Mark, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones
Punches: Modern Label
Extras: Clear Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Sponge, White Gel Pen

 This card is very bright, clean and springy. Perfect for the end of spring as we head into summer! To add a little more difinition I sponged the edge of the So Saffron layer and then did faux stitching with a white gel pen. It looks lovely and ties in the ribbon. Where the two ribbons crossed I added a couple hearts and for some difference in texture I embossed one of them with clear embossing powder. I finished off the card with the modern label punch and some handwriting again with the white gel pen! 

I hope you like this! I'm pleased with the final outcome after all my struggles, even in it is a little safe! 

Please check out the other design team member's entries at Simply Stampin' Challenge blog! Please do enter too, I can't wait to see what you create! 

I am off to my friend Kathryn's (one of my bridesmaids from my wedding) wedding today...very excited! I hope their day is very special indeed! The lovely couple on my wedding day...



Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I like how you have used the cluster of hearts...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, loving the white gel pen!
    Bx

    ReplyDelete