Tuesday 7 June 2011

in-love with in-colour...five in one!

Just an extra little bonus card for you all! When you thought that was all you were going to see of the in-colour play series, right? Wrong. I thought now that I had done a card focusing on each separate colour I would do one with all five! It was a little bit of a challenge for myself as they are all quite different colours but I really wanted to show how all the colours, however different they are all work really well together! So your combinations are endless!!



In Colour Hello

Stamp Set: n/a
Cardstock: Crumb Cake
DSP: Concord Crush, Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade (6x6 Hostess only)
Ink: n/a
Punches: Scallop Square, 1" Circle, Corner Rounder
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
Extras: White Gel Pen

I used a similar idea to my Poppy Parade card using the scallop square punch to create a patchwork pattern. I alternated Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait for this as they are softer colours but won't melt away against the background. On top of this I punched out Blushing Bride, Poppy Parade and Concord Crush which I distressed and layered up to make cute little roses. The Blushing Bride subtly fills out the flowers and the Poppy Parade and Concord Crush add a focal point and accent colour. Small strips of these two darker accent colours were added on the bottom to finish off the card. Finally I added some white stitching, hand wrote the sentiment, and added rhinestones to the centre of the roses!

So, do you like it? I hope you do! I may do a few more of these in-colour focus cards over the next few months but for now this concludes the end of my series! I hope I have made you fall in love with the colours and patterns in this gorgeous little pack (which you can earn for FREE!!). I arrive back on Thursday 9th June, so please do drop me an email at amanda_burditt@hotmail.co.uk to book your workshop so you can earn your own paper pack!  

Look forward to hearing what you think! 

Amanda xo


No comments:

Post a Comment