Thursday 23 June 2011

sue's workshop

On Monday night my husband's aunt Sue hosted a workshop at her house and I just thought I would show you one of the projects that I demonstrated!


Hi There Ornate Blossom

Stamp Set: Ornate Blossom, Ornate Flowers, Basic Phrases
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Punches: Modern Label
Extras: Dimensionals, Sponge

I made this card to show off one of the new stamp sets I had recently gotten from Stampin' Up! I love the fact that there is a small and a large stamp that are the same, doesn't it just work great to make a card with a patterned background and focal point?! It also shows the super fun rock and roll technique, where you ink up the stamp with one colour and then rock and roll the edges in a darker colour ink before stamping. I really like this technique as it adds extra colour to a stamp without being too much of one solid colour, and also for the fact that you will never get the same effect twice with rock and roll. We rocked and rolled both the background and the focal point of the card! 

I hope you enjoyed today's little share! Please do let me know what you think, I love reading your comments! 

Take care, 

Amanda 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment