Saturday 25 June 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 13

This week we are back to a Sketch at the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog! I am going to admit right now that I found this the most difficult sketch to date, usually I love sketches as it gives you the template and all you have to do is insert the paper and stamping - it takes some of the thinking and decision making out of the process. Unfortunately this one, I was trying to make ahead of time several weeks ago, and I don't know why but whatever I did just looked a nightmare! I finally gave up on it and then came back to it this past week, and finally made it work! I'm actually really happy with the final outcome!

Here is the sketch and my creation...


For You Gala

Stamp Set: Basic Phrases
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Ink: Chocolate Chip
DSP: Greenhouse Gala
Punches: Modern Label
Extras: Crystal Effects, Dimensionals

A really simple card really, I used strips of the Pear Pizzazz and Baja Breeze dsp paper with the small round flowers on it in the background then used the coordinating large Pear Pizzazz and Baja Breeze flowers on another piece of the Gala dsp. I added some Whisper White and Chocolate Chip cardstock between the two layers to help the flowers stand out. I adhered everything down onto a Whisper White background and popped the sentiment and large flowers up on dimensionals. The last thing I decided to do was coat the centres of the flowers with cyrstal effects just to add a different texture and accent to the card! 

Please let me know what you think, I love reading your comments! Head over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog, take a look at the lovely creations by the other design team members and enter this week's challenge! I look forward to seeing your entries! :) 

Amanda xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment