Wednesday 20 April 2011

floral brooch

I'm still here! After a busy week of posts everyday last week I haven't much to share at the moment, I have been busy getting all my projects ready for my May and June classes (I have some very exciting and cute projects in store so please do book your place and come along - I'm sure you won't regret it!) As a result of class planning, I haven't had much time to play (I want my class projects to be a bit of a surprise so look out for postings after my class!) 

I scoured my photo archives today just to see if there was anything I hadn't yet shared that I could put up for you all to see and I found this cute little rosette! I saw this a few weeks ago on the lovely and talented Amanda Fowler's blog, to see her tutorial on how to make them see here.


Ribbon Rosette 

Stamp Set: N/A
Cardstock: Melon Mambo
Ink: N/A
Accessories: Satin Ribbon (non SU - I wish SU sold bright pink - melon mambo - coloured satin ribbon!!!), Basic Rhinestones 
Extras: 1 3/8" Circle Punch

I cut slits in the ribbon at intervals and rounded the corners then using the heat tool heated the ribbon until it began to curl and melt a bit. When I was satisfied I covered a piece of cardstock in SNAIL and began winding and sticking the ribbon to the cardstock to form a rosette. After a while, when I was finally happy with it I cut off the excess and added a bunch of different sized rhinestones to the centre to finish it off! 
Its so gorgeous, I makes a perfect brooch or even a lovely little accent for a card!!! 

Stuart and I are going away to Chester for a couple days, using our wedding present from his brother Richard and cousin Andrew which was a afternoon tea for two and overnight stay at this fancy hotel. Looking forward to relaxing and getting away from it all for a bit and spending some quality time with my lovely hubby...I'm a little nervous leaving all my creative things at home and no access to them 'till Friday night...I'm well and truly an addict!!! Seriously I am! EEK!! 

Finally, I just want to let you know I have another workshop scheduled for Friday May 6th at mine at 7:30pm so please do come along! I'd love to see you there! 

Also, don't forget to book your place for my May class! I am soo excited!!

Take Care, 

Amanda xoxo

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY! I used Melon Mombo for my wedding invitations! Those are super cute flowers by the way! I think I might try and make some! I've been looking for acute dyi flower for my bridesmaid clutches I've made! Let's see if I can do this!

    ReplyDelete