Saturday 8 October 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 28

This week's Simply Stampin' Challenge is a sketch challenge. I have to admit this sketch wasn't easy, I really struggled with adding so many layers. Eventually I had to remove one layer as it just wasn't working out, so without further ado, here is this week's sketch and my card...

Season of Joy Christmas

Stamp Set: Season of Joy
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Cardstock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories: Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Pearls
Extras: Sponge

I used stampin' write markers to colour in the wording stamp in real red and old olive which really makes all the sentiments stand out from each other and breaks up what can turn to be a LOT of one colour! I then sponged the edges and added some trees to tie in the old olive and the poinsettias to tie in the real red. Final thing to add to this card was some ribbon - overall I am quite happy with how this turned out. What do you think? 

Please do leave a comment and then head over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog and check out the other design team member's entries. Please do enter yourself, I'd love to see how you interpret this sketch! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x

1 comment:

  1. Such a bright and happy card! Love the pearls for the poinsettias!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete