Monday 15 June 2020

CAS Greenery Wreath


Hello! 

Happy Monday! It's the first day back to school for some of our Year 10 kids today. It seems to have gone really well and the kids have enjoyed it. 

I thought today I might share another of the cards I made using the Forever Greenery DSP for my class at the weekend. This one was a little more labour intensive that the previous too but has absolutely beautiful effects!  


Stamp Set: Well Said
Ink: Shaded Spruce
Cardstock: Whisper White
DSP: Forever Greenery
Die: Circles
Accessories: Linen Thread, Champagne Rhinestones

If you've followed this blog from way back you know I'm a CAS (clean and simple) card girl at heart and I think this one is just that clean and simple. Having said that often the CAS cards are a bit more labour intensive and take longer. 

I got into my zen headspace and sat fussy cutting the leaves out if the pattern paper - you know I love a bit of fussy cutting - because I'm a bit nuts like that! I assembled the leaves around the circle die (roughly about 6cm diameter). I'd like to add that you can purchase dies that will cut out a lot of the leaves from the stamp set and the DSP for you but I haven't got them - I'm sure this card would have been a lot more straightforward with the dies! 

I stamped a sentiment in the bottom corner and added all the layers together with some dimensionals which adds a little height and shadow - I think that really adds to the CAS effect. 

Finally I added a linen thread bow and some champagne rhinestones to add some sparkle. 


I will admit this card turned out differently than I had initially intended it to. I had wanted to use the gold hoops and trim that co-ordinated with the Forever Greenery bundle, unfortunately it was on back order and would arrive in time for the class. With this in mind I had to switch it up a bit - still think this turned out gorgeous! 

The weather is gorgeous today - really warm and sunny! Have a wonderful afternoon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment