Sunday 14 June 2020

Forever Greenery Virtual Class

Hello! 

So, this morning I held my first virtual crafting session. We all had a lot of fun - we did a lot of chatting and catching up and created some beautiful cards. 

I thought today I might share another of the inspiration cards that I shared with them:


Stamp set: Well Said
DSP: Forever Greenery
Cardstock: Just Jade, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Just Jade
Punch: Leaf

Yesterday you might remember I shared a simple card using thin 2cm strips of  the DSP. Well, I had a lot of leftover strips, some long and others quite short. I really didn't want to go in the bin. I thought doing a crazy paving type of design with the strips might be a good idea. I started with the spotty strip on a diagonal and then worked up towards the top left hand corner. I think began filling in using smaller strips to work in different directions to fill in the space. I kept all the strips a little longer than the card I was mounting them on  and then trimmed it down to fit. 

I chose to use White as the matting and a coloured card base - normally I would have been drawn towards a white base and coloured matting. I think this is just a bit different and perhaps more dramatic, what do you think?

I used a small leftover strip of Whisper White to stamp the sentiment. Just goes to show you don't always have to have a fancy punch or die to make a sentiment pop! I layered a few punched leaves behind the sentiment. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed my first virtual crafting session today and honestly cannot wait until next month's session now. I have some gorgeous things lined up! We will be using the Jar of Flowers stamp set and the co-ordinating Flowers for Every Season DSP. 

I hope you've had a great weekend! 

Take care, 


No comments:

Post a Comment