Wednesday 17 June 2020

Woven Watercolor Greenery

Hi there! 

We've had another thunderstorm today -third day in a row! Its definitely an indoor day! I did some work bits and bobs, sorted through and re-organised my card scraps and tried to use up a few of the scraps - I've got some fun things coming this way using up scraps! I'm always happy to find new scrap busting ideas and I'm sure you will too.

Today, however, I have another couple of inspiration cards I made for our craft together session last weekend. The first was copied from a card I saw on Pinterest and instantly loved its creativity. This then lead onto the second card.


Stamp Set: Well Said
Ink: Just Jade
Cardstock: Whisper White, Just Jade
DSP: Forever Greenery

One of the designs on the pattern paper is these water colour stripes in the colours of the paper on a white background. I cut one of each colour out - its fairly straight cutting so if you're worrying about the fussy cutting - its not difficult. I first laid out the three diagonal strips then wove in and slid up the horizontal piece. I then secured everything in place with tombow adhesive. 
Finally added a sentiment following the diagonal line.  

I loved the woven effect and this led to the second one...


Stamp Set: Well Said
Ink: Pretty Peacock
Cardstock: Whisper White
DSP: Forever Greenery

For this woven card I wanted to go with a more straightforward horizontal/vertical weave. I started by laying out the three horizontal strips then wove in the two vertical strips. When I had everything just how I liked it I secured everything in place with tombow again. This time the sentiment followed the horizontal line.

If you like these woven style cards stay tuned - I have some super fun woven cards coming soon!

Hope you've kept dry today.

Take care, 

No comments:

Post a Comment