Tuesday 16 June 2020

Greenery Embossing


Hi! 

I hope you are well. We had a terrific thunder storm last night! Thankfully my partner was able to rescue the rabbit before it began to bucket with rain! 

Today I thought I'd share with you a couple of inspiration cards that I shared with my ladies using the embossing folders included in their packs. The Greenery mini embossing folders come as a pack of 2 - the first is these little rows of leaves and the other is more organic leaves and berries. They will emboss card up to 8cm x 15cm, so not quite a full card front but certainly enough to layer on top. 


Stamp Set: Well Said
Cardstock: Soft Sea Foam, Just Jade
Ink: Just Jade
DSP: Forever Greenery
Embossing Folders: Greenery
Accessories: Champagne Rhinestones

I originally had intended to have the embossed and layered of the background with the sentiment layered up on top - for something really simple, and I still think it could work like that. However, when I came to laying everything out I began to play with adding a few of the spare leaves I had fussy cut from the DSP and instantly loved it! So, that's exactly what I did, I layered the leaves under the sentiment and finished the whole thing off with a champagne rhinestone. I am so in love with these rhinestones - they add just the right amount of sparkle without being over the top bling-y! 


Stamp Set: Good Greetings
Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Garden Green 
Ink: Garden Green
DSP: Forever Greenery
Embossing Folders: Greenery 
Accessories: Linen Thread, Champagne Rhinestones

Before I'd even got my hands on the DSP I had this idea that it had potential for making some Christmas cards! I hope you will forgive me for mentioning the "C" word so early. 

I chose here to only use a matt that showed on the two vertical sides - just playing around with doing something different.  I stuck one of my remaining fussy cut leaves onto a piece of Whisper White and added a linen thread bow and some champagne rhinestones. 

Anyhow, I thought I'd just show the versatility of the paper and inspire you to look for the "C" word in things that aren't blatantly Christmas. 

We're having another thunderstorm tonight, this time it was my time to rescue both the bunnies from torrential rain! 

Take care,


No comments:

Post a Comment