Saturday 13 October 2012

create your own fancy edge...

Do you just love the fancy edges that everyone seems to be making with punches these days but can't afford one or just haven't got around to getting one yet? Maybe you have lots of edge punches and just want to find a new way of making a fancy edge! Well then I have a card you'll love! 

And it showcases more of what Betsy's Blossoms has to offer! 



Betsy Fancy Edge

Stamp Set: Betsy's Blossoms, Tiny Tags 
Ink: Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry 
Cardstock: Whisper White
DSP: Brights Paper Stack
Buttons: Itty Bitty
Punch: Jewellery Tag

The key to this is to stamp all the flowers close together and roughly following the edge of the cardstock, obviously you want a little bit of wave but not so much that you loose most of the card! Once the flowers were all stamped up the side I carefully cut out the negative space - yes it takes a little time but is well worth it. I layered some more cut out flowers and leaves and some tiny tag punches on to to fill in gaps and make it a little more fancy but its the knid of card you can do as much or as little as you like to it! Inside the card I added a strip of striped Old Olive paper from the Brights Paper Stack to give it more colour and show off the edge even more! 

This technique would definitely work with other flower stamp sets too. So why not grab a stamp set today and give this technique a go?! I would love to see your creation so why not send me a link to your creation and I'll come have a nosey! I can't wait! 

Thanks for stopping by this Saturday afternoon!

Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! I think this would be fabulous with snowflakes as well. I just might have to play with that idea tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Now I hadn' thought about snowflakes!!! I think that sounds simply wonderful!!! Look forward to seeing how it works out for you!! Thanks for the idea! xx

      Delete