Thursday 11 October 2012

hello baby!

I am so excited, I'm currently on my way to the Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandria Palace in London. It's my annual show I always try to get to - filled with textile art and crafty things. Its my day of crafty fun SU free! I'd sure I will come back full of inspiration for creating things and adding what I saw to cards! Watch this space!!

One of my best friends had a baby back in July. He was 6 weeks early and arrived just before I left for holiday. Its been a busy and difficult time for them so it wasn't until this past week that I have finally got around to meeting Euan! 

Obviously I had to make a card for this occassion - what kind of paper crafter would I be if I didn't!?! Anyway I thought I'd make a boy and girl version just to show you and because I had fun making them! 


Baby Tootsies

Stamp Set: Baby Prints
Ink: Baja Breeze/Pretty in Pink, Midnight Muse/Primrose Petals
Cardstock: Whisper White, Midnight Muse/Primrose Petals
DSP: Patio Party
Accessories: Buttons, Itty Bitty Buttons
Baker's Twine: Whisper White 

I just fell in love with the cute papers and thought the baby feet would match in perfectly! 
I don' think I need to do much describing of this card - its very simple but super adorable! I love the button embellishments on this card - sweet way to use buttons and hey its not in the middle of a flower or anything for once!

To get more use out of my clear mount Baby Prints stamp set I decided to doctor it a bit. I cut the words apart because while I'd use "baby" on a card I don't have much use for "baby firsts" at the moment and sometimes masking can just get a little tedious! I also cut apart the hands and feet because I thought it would be fun to do walking feet across a page (watch this space!) or just do one hand/foot print! As long as you're careful with doctoring and cutting, there is absolutely NO reason why you shouldn't cut up your stamps. If you're going to get more use out of the stamps because of it I say by all means go for it! 

Hope you enjoyed today's share and quick tip! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Amanda xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    The cards are precious!!! I like your idea about cutting the stamps apart, that would make it easier than always have to mask off a section.

    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does make it so much easier than masking a lot quicker and easier! I like easy!

      Delete
  2. Such sweet cards! I love both versions and can't wait to see your new inspiration pieces!

    ReplyDelete