Tuesday 9 October 2012

evergreen christmas

Yesterday I introduced you to the Apothecary Accents framelits. Today I have another creation using the framelits and yes, its Christmassy! 


Silent Night Accents

Stamp Set: Evergreen
Ink: Gumball Green, Early Espresso
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Champagne Glitter Paper
DSP: Candlelight Christmas
Punch: 3/4" Circle, Itty Bitty
Big Shot: Apothecary Accents

While this card is more complicated than yesterday Its still not hugely difficult and I used lots of left over scraps. I used the circle punch to make the scallop trim so if you don't have and edge punch this is a great way to make a fancy edge! I added some small strips of glitter paper which gives a great sparkle but why not substitute for scraps of DSP instead?! I saved on cardstock by sponging Espresso around the edge of the accent to add that colour and depth without adding more expense and weight! (its a great trick which I use all the time! And you get more use out of the ink pad too!)

There are so many great Christmas stamp sets in both the new Annual catalogue and the Autumn/Winter catalogue there's plenty of choice, whatever your style! Evergreen has got to be one of my faves! And the tree can be used for non Christmas cards too! I love it when I find a Christmas stamp set I can use at other times of the year too!!
What's your favourite Christmas stamp set? 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment