Sunday 7 October 2012

whirlwind weekend take 2

I'm back as promised with another darling little project that I demo'd this weekend for a couple of parties. It was World Card Making Day yesterday so in honour of it I focused on some card making techniques and tools! 

This project is another Betsy creation. I'm sorry but you're probably going to see a lot of Betsy Blossoms creations in the coming days as I am just crazy for the sweet bird, flowers and leaves!


Rainbow Blooms

Stamp Set: Betsy Blossoms, Betsy Blooms (wheel), Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green
Cardstock: Whisper White 
Big Shot: Labels Framelits 
Extras: Festive Paper Piercing Pack
Ribbon: Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain
Accessories: Rhinestones

This card is showing off the beautiful co-ordination that Stampin' Up! has! See how the flowers in the wheel stamp match so perfectly wit the flower from Betsy's Blossoms?! I love that! So I inked and wheeled the Betsy's Blooms in 3 colours - like a rainbow! In all honesty, I haven't used wheels in a while, they got a little forgotten about but recently I have regained my love or wheels and how easy they make patterned backgrounds! They are really quite inexpensive and so easy! If you haven't tried wheels yet you have to give it a go, they're so much fun! 

I was also showing off the new piercing packs that Stampin' Up! have. Its so neat that they co-ordinate with framelits and punches that SU! carry. Yes, there's that word again, co-ordination. It really is at the heart of what Stampin' Up! is all about and one of the reasons I love them as a company so much!! 

Its definitely got a good pop of colour! A cheery card as we head towards the coldness of winter! I'm not a fan of the cold so hanging on to summery cards and colours as long as possible is a must for me! 

Have a great Sunday,

Amanda x

1 comment:

  1. Both of your Betsy cards are wonderful! I love the stamped layers of bright flowers on this one!!

    ReplyDelete