Monday 15 October 2012

winter wonderland

Good morning! Its Monday again...I hope you all had a good weekend?! 

Well I thought what better way to start off a Monday than to introduce you to another new stamp set which is in the Autumn-Winter catalogue at the moment! My friend Emma, bought this set, its such a cute set with ducklings, bunnies drinking cocoa, kids in puffer suits making snow angels and lots more... so I cheekily asked her if I could borrow it. To make samples to show her what she could do with it for Christmas of course!! She kindly let me so I have lots of sweet cards to show you over the coming weeks using Winter Wonderland. (Thanks so much Emma!!)


Christmas Ducklings

Stamp Set: Winter Wonderland, Come to Bethlehem
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Pool Party
Accessories: Mini Brads, Silver Dazzling Details 

This card is post friendly, cheap and very simple. the longest bit will be colouring in the ducks and waiting for the dazzling details to dry! The dazzling details was thinly applied to he edge of the white banner potion of the card for glitz - its really inexpensive at £2.25 a bottle and will go a long way! Its really glittery, I added a little bit to the snow and ground ad well for added shine! 
The brads work out at less than 2p each so they are a bargain also! but if you didn't want to use them I think this card would look cute without them too. Or if you wanted an alternative embellishment why not try adding faux brads with the silver dazzling details seeing as you'll already have it out! I stamped the snow in the background of the Pool Party too for a little added depth and texture, its subtle but a nice, quick and easy touch. 
I used the Merry Christmas from Come to Bethlehem because its the one I own but if you had another sentiment in a similar size I think that would work well also! 

Have a great week! 

Amanda x

1 comment:

  1. Christmas ducks, too cute!! Another wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete