Wednesday 13 July 2011

give it some texture!

The third of the cards I made for women leaving a women's Bible Committee. This one was for a woman who is moving to Norfolk!


So Sorry You're Leaving 

Stamp Set: Basic Phrases
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
DSP: Playdate
Punches: Corner Rounder
Extras: Brown Pen, Sponge, Crimper

I chose a couple green patterns out of the Playdate paper which I layered up to look like hills (I know Norfolk is really flat but the hills worked for the card). I sponged the background to look like a sky with clouds. Then made the house with some red dsp from the Playdate collection again and also some Crumb Cake. When I started putting it together I just couldn't get the house to work, I think because everything was so textured and patterned the flat cardstock stuck out like a sore thumb, so I decided to give it a go and crimp it...seemed to work! Finally to tie everything together and give it a slightly more country feel I drew brown stitching lines around everything. I finished it off with the sentiment, half stamped and half handwritten. I really love the half and half style, it ties together the geometric patterns and the hand made quality together nicely! 

Hope you enjoyed seeing today's card, I love doing cards on commission. Especially for an occassion that isn't an everyday one as it really stretches my creative brain! 

Hugs,

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment