Thursday 21 July 2011

sail away...

Well I finally got around to purchasing the Sail Away stamp recently. Haven't regretted it for a second! I love it so much, if for no other fact than it makes a really quick and simple masculine card! 


Atmospheric Sail Away

Stamp Set: Sail Away, Fun and Fast Notes
Ink: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Basic Black
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy
Punches: Modern Label
Extras: Sponges, Dimensionals, Blender Pen

So this card is actually pretty simple, just requires a LOT of inking and getting rather messy hands! I don't think I could consider myself a crafter without getting messy every once in a while though!! Haha, and with me that seems to be more often that not! So I stamped the sail boat of some Very Vanilla cardstock and the sails on a separate piece and cut them out. I then began inking the edges of the cardstock, being quite vicious with the inking and not at all careful working futher and further in. I layered the Not Quite Navy and the Night of Navy inks on to of one another to create the atmospheric sky and sea. I shaded the cut out sails with a little bit of Crumb Cake and a blender pen and then adhered the sails to the inked up cardstock. I layered it up on some Not Quite Navy and Night of Navy cardstock and finished it off with stamping the sentiment from Fun and Fast Notes on some Very Vanilla cardstock, punching with the modern label and then inking the edges before adhering below. 


I think this has got to be one of my favourite cards I've made recently! What do you think? Please comment.

Til next time,

Amanda x

1 comment:

  1. Very effective card. Very useful for those "difficult to make" men's cards!! Gonna have to practice those sponged backgrounds !!:) x

    ReplyDelete