Thursday 14 July 2011

celebrate the summer with blossoms....

Well, I wasn't lying, I am having a little bit of an obsession with wreathes at the moment! This is just the second, and there are more to come over the following days! Actually I think this one is very sweet!



Baby Blossoms Wreath

Stamp Set: Because I Care (Hostess Only), Baby Blossoms 
Ink: Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Punches: 1 3/4" Circle
Accessories: Linen Thread
Extras: Tombo Multi Glue

So I started off by lightly drawing around a circle punch to get the basic outline of the wreath before beginning to fill it out! Then I went all around with the itty bitty flowers to fill it out, and went back over the top with the rose buds in a darker colour! Finally, I stamped the small leaf spray all around filling it gaps stamping twice before re-inking to give more variation to the leaf colour. I tied a small bow and adhered it in a gap at the bottom just off centre because its a casual summer wreath, nothing is perfect and putting it in the centre just didn't look right for the style of card. I finished it off by mounting it on some cardstock and stamping the because I care sentiment underneath with a few rose buds on either side. I love it because its such a elegant little summer card! And very cheerful too! 

Let me know what you think! Your comments make my day! 

'til next time, 

happy crafting! 

Amanda 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment