Saturday 2 July 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 14

Colour Combo week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog once more! This week's colour combo is

Its not a colour combination I would have readily put together myself, and when I saw it I must admit I was a little sceptical! However, I have been converted! This just goes to prove, you must always keep an open mind!!


Celebrate Circles

Stamp Set: Basic Phrases
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy
DSP: Peach Parfait (Hostess Only)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Punches: 1 3/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1" Circle
Accessories: Whisper White
Extras: White Gel Pen

A really simple card, I layered up different sized circles of the 3 main colours using the whisper white as a background. I added a white stitching line around the edges to tie them all together and blend better with the background. I thought they looked really nice as a row along the bottom but the top of the card was then too unbalanced so I filled that with some Whisper White ribbon, very subtle tone on tone effect but really helps to balance out the card. Finally I was looking for a suitable place to stamp a sentiment and thought, why not stamp on the ribbon...its worth a go! Well, it bled a little, which wouldn't have happened if I had used stazon ink but it doesn't look too bad, and does the job! 

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little colour combo card and now please head over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog and enter in! It doesn't matter if you haven't got the exact colours, just use the closest ones that you do have! 

'Til next time, 

Amanda xx


No comments:

Post a Comment