Thursday 7 July 2011

plus one

I have a piece of rather exciting news, last week I got my first downline member! I'm just a tad excited! I remember how exciting a time it was when I joined the Stampin' Up! family as a demo and how sweet Rhoda was to send me buttons and rhinestones to help me along. So, with my first downline member, I felt it only natural to share that same joy in giving! Its great to give, it always makes me feel so happy to see someone getting joy out of something you have done or given to them. So, as a thank you and a welcome for joining the Stampin' Up! family I made a little gift for Sue.





Butterfly Box

Stamp Set: Punch Potpourri (Hostess Only)
Ink: Marina Mist, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Elegant Eggplant
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry Texture, Garden Green, Crumb Cake
DSP: Rose Red, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi 
Punches: Butterfly, Boho Blossoms, Two Step Bird
Accessories: Rhinestones, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds
Extras: Sticky Strip, Tombo Multi Glue

I bought this little paper mache box very cheaply and decorated it with strips of dsp. I punched out a variety of colours using the Boho Blossoms punch and layered them on top of one another adding a rhinestone to the centre and a few branches from the two step bird punch! For the butterflies I got inspiration from a video on Michelle Last's blog, click here to see her lovely little video! I changed it slightly as I couldn't really find a flower stamp in my collection that was suitable. I originally intended on curling the edge of the butterflies but after trying one decided it just didn't look good! So basically I did the rock and roll technique, punched out the butterflies and covered then with crystal effects and finished them off with a dusting of dazzling diamonds glitter and some rhinestones. when they were dry I bent up the wings, and adhered them in the centre of the lid as if they are sitting on the flowers. The box was just the perfect size for the small box of flower brads that I bought for Sue to help her get going with crafting! When she saw the box she was stunned and when she heard the rattled she was shocked that there was a little something inside. I love seeing people's excited reactions to gifts, especially when they aren't expecting them! 

I hope you liked today's little share. Come back tomorrow to see the little card I made to welcome Sue into my team. 

Hugs, 

Amanda xx

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amanda! Love the butterfly box - it is gorgeous! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see it! Well done you, you'll be a superb upline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm pretty chuffed! Can't wait to see you Rhoda!! xx

    ReplyDelete