Friday 15 July 2011

roll on some texture!

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend! I am looking forward to a weekend full of crafting! Tonight I have a workshop at one of my friend's houses which I am really looking forward to, and then tomorrow I have a class with some lovely ladies followed by a catch up class on Monday evening for a few people who couldn't make it on Saturday! So much fun! Woohoo! 


So today I just have a little card to wet your appetite for my classes this weekend and show you one of the cards I have been demonstrating a lot at workshops recently! Its actually a slightly CASEd version of a card Rhoda made a little while back, click here to go and see her card. 


This card uses the wheel, a product we shall be getting stuck into this weekend at class! It is so much fun, so easy and a great way of adding texture and pattern to the background! And if you would like to have a go at using the wheel yourself there is just enough time to get in touch and attend my class! Either Saturday 11-2 or Monday 7:30-10. Cost is £12.50 which covers the cost of materials used. I guarantee it will be a lot of fun, so get in touch, email me on amanda_burditt@hotmail.co.uk now to book your place!







French Foliage (Texture Galore!)


Stamp Set: French Foliage

Wheels: Texture (Jumbo)

Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread
Extras: Dimensionals, Jumbo Wheel Handle

I wheeled the texture wheel across the entire background in Crumb Cake to give it a subtle tone on tone texture. I then stamped the french script, postmark and water drops in Early Espresso on top of one another. They all work wonderfully together! I slipped a piece of ribbon through the card and instead of tying it in a know or bow, I tied a piece of linen thread around the ends as they hung off the card. This uses less ribbon (great for the economical crafter) and also makes it a much less bulk, post friendly card! Finally, I stamped the leaves using the rock and roll technique to make them look more realistic and adhered then with dimensionals to give more depth to the card. 

Don't forget to get in touch and book your place now if you would like to come along on Saturday or Monday and make some cards like this, plus the message board from the Simply Stampin' Challenge last week also!!

Look forward to reading your comments,

Hugs,

Amanda xx

1 comment: