Friday 8 July 2011

welcome sue

As promised, today I would like to show the little card I made for Sue to welcome her into my team!

One thing I seem to be seeing a lot at the moment are wreaths. I saw a lot of them when I was in the States and I thought they all looked so pretty! I think its a common misconception that they're a winter and Christmas item, but by doing a few simple alterations they can be made into a simple image to be used at any time of the year. I must admit, I am on a bit of a wreath craze at the moment!


Friend Summer Wreath 

Stamp Set: Basic Phrases
Ink: Old Olive
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive Textured, Regal Rose Textured
DSP: So Saffron
Punches: Modern Label, Two Step Bird, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, 1 3/4" Circle
Accessories: Pearls, Linen Thread
Extras: Dimensionals, Tombo Multi Glue

The light bright airy colours really make this card summery and cheerful! Its so simple to do, simply punch out the circle punch and put a line of tombo around the edge and lay branches from the Two Step Bird punch and snip off the extra bits of branch hanging over. When the circle is complete with branches add flowers from the Itty Bitty punch pack to fill in the gaps, add a few pearls and a linen thread bow. I stamped the sentiment on So Saffron dsp and  punched it out with the Modern Label punch. To tie in the sentiment with the wreath I added a few more pieces of branch and a couple more flowers! 

I hope you enjoyed today's little share! For more projects I've been working on come back each day next week for a new card! 

Also, don't forget to come back tomorrow for the new Simply Stampin' Challenge. 

Look forward to reading your comments, 

'til next time, 

Amanda 

xx


2 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous! I can feel a CASE coming on! Really beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks! its so easy and by changing the colour of the flowers etc you can really mix it up for different seasons. I've done a Christmas version with tiny vanilla hole punches to look like a mistletoe wreath! so cute! x

    ReplyDelete