Saturday 16 July 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 16

This week's Simply Stampin' Challenge challenge is a sketch! I got on a lot better with it this week than the last one. So without further waffling, here is the sketch and my entry...



Playdate Flowers

Stamp Set: Basic Phrases
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Whisper White 
DSP: Playdate
Punches: 1" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1 3/4" Circle, Corner Rounder
Extras: Dimensionals

I happened to have the Playdate paper out when I was doing this card and thought  the colours and patterns would work well for this sketch. I originally punched out the circles to add around in a scallop fashion around the larger circles but it just looked too flat. Then I had the idea to pinch one end of the circle up to add some creases and folds in the petal, and wow, it really worked! What an easy and effective way to create dimension and punch to a simple punched up flower! When all the layers were put together, something just wasn't sitting right, it needed some curved corners to mirror the curves in the flowers. I rounded one then thought it would look cool and a little different to round the opposite one! I'm really pleased with this card, what a cute child's card and so simple to make! 

Let me know what you think, I love reading your comments. 

Now head on over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog to see the other design team's entries and enter your sketch interpretation! I love seeing how one sketch can look so different from one card to the next! 

Thanks for visiting today,

Amanda xx


2 comments:

  1. I really like the clean design of this card. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love your big blooms and the rounded corners!

    ReplyDelete